Sunday, June 27, 2010

A quick trip to the river

I hung out my first load of wash on the new clothes line this morning and it didn't even fall down! That was a sign that it would be a good day I think! Put the cows out into a different field as they have cropped the grass quite nicely in the other two fields and it was time to move them onto greener pasture. The kids badly wanted to go to the river today so after lunch we packed up bathing suits and towels and drove the five kilometers to the Riverside Trails and the Farmer's Picnic ground. Thankfully there weren't many people there(its usually crawling with the trashy variety of people with their beer cans and loud obnoxious music) so we set up our towels on the bank(not much beach today) and the kids went to work on making mud castles and moats.

We only stayed for about two hours as our daily thunderstorm started rolling in and I decided I didn't want to be caught in a down pour. The kids were not pleased about me making them leave. Got home in time to take my wash off the line before the weather was upon us. Some terrific thunder with this storm! I let the dogs in the house as Indi is pretty terrified of thunder and I'm a sucker for that puppy dog face. After it was all said and done, we got a treat to enjoy which almost makes enduring all this rain worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment