Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Plain tuckered out

When my kids are tired they refer to it as being 'tuckered out.' I think its something my mom says and they picked it up from her because it isn't something that I say. Today the boy and I went to town for our 'Town Day.' Every Tuesday while my daughter is at school, the boy and I do the grocery shopping and whatever running around that needs to be done. It is far easier to do all that with only one kid in tow. Plus it has the added benefit of no fighting, screaming, kicking, yelling etc.

We got home around 2 ish and the boy said he wanted to go into the house. I had to unload dog food, chicken scratch, wood chips, garbage cans(because Tuesday is also dump-run day) and groceries. After I finished I checked for eggs and then came into a very quiet house. Usually quiet means that somebody is up to no good. I peeked into my son's bedroom and found that he had tucked himself into bed and fallen asleep.

They are so peaceful when they sleep... and quiet... and cute... and sweet. Makes your heart squeeze a little...
and then they wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, it really does make my heart squeeze and he's not even mine... :) He really tuckered himself out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! As soon as I saw the title I thought, "geez, I thought only my mom says that". Apparently not!

    ReplyDelete