Saturday, June 26, 2010

Storm Chaser

Another storm moved in from the south last night. It had been threatening all day but finally around 10:00 the real show began. We've been in Alberta for four years now(not including the two years in Edmonton before we moved back to BC) and I don't think I have ever seen so many lightning storms in a row. This was the fourth one in a row but thankfully it didn't dump rain on us, it sort of just circled around!

I went outside and hoped to catch some pictures of lightning. Not the easiest thing to do. I had to take about 20 pictures to get these ones. By that point my fingers were cold and my brain was saying, "take the picture!" and my fingers were saying, "what?"

There was some pretty spectacular lightning that I didn't catch - several bolts at the same time going in all different directions but... the summer is still young I'm sure I'll have plenty more opportunity! Enjoy!






By this point it was pretty dark so the last two are pretty grainy.


2 comments: