Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fighting chaos

I'm feeling a bit chaotic lately and that does not sit well with me. I like routine. I like knowing when something is going to happen so that I can prepare myself. I am not particularly spontaneous and perhaps that is part of my problem. I make lists so that I don't forget things and there is always a date book on my counter with sticky notes and daily reminders of things I need to do. And yet, I was looking for paperwork today and discovered how disorganized that aspect of my life is. That stresses me out. We are in the process of switching banks and if you've ever done that, you know how much it entails with switching pre-authorized payments and such. Like I need any extra on my plate right now.
Not only that, its been raining for days so I am dealing with bored kids and dogs tracking their mucky foot prints all over the house. We can't play outside(yeah, we are made of sugar thanks for asking) and I feel like cabin fever is setting in. This is worse than when its -30. At least you can go outside when its cold. Who wants to go outside when its pouring buckets? And if I don't let Zama in from the rain, this is what she does to my sliding glass door:
I've got cows chasing me, a cat with kittens, 50 stinky chickens in my basement, a dog that craps in the house, two kids that act like they are going to rip each others throats out at any given moment and no bathtub to have a damn bath in even if I could find time to have a bath! At least I can find time to read. Although even that seems to be riddled with chaos. I have never in my life been able to read more than one book at a time. I like to read one, finish it and move on. This is what my nightstand looks like(and no they are not props for the sake of a picture, I really am reading all 9 of them and its insane!)
I was hoping by getting this all out, it would make me feel better but to be truthful, I think I feel more stressed seeing what I'm stressed about! I think I had better sit down and watch a movie or something. I hope that tomorrow brings some sunshine and maybe I can blog about something cheerful, like my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment