Friday, June 25, 2010

An early Birthday

Though my daughter's birthday isn't until next month, we wanted to have it when school ended so that we could be sure that her little school friends wouldn't be gone away on summer vacations.

I spent the whole day yesterday getting the house tidied, the cake made, the lawn mowed and goody bags put together. Do a bunch of Kindergarteners really notice how clean your bathroom sinks are? Probably not but I cleaned them anyway!

The friends arrived at noon and got the tour of my daughters bedroom while I BBQed hot dogs. Everyone ate and then headed outside to jump on the trampoline(thankfully there was no barfing of the hot dogs after jumping!). That was a huge hit!


Then back inside to open presents

And play with new toys. She got some pretty cool stuff!

It wasn't long before they were demanding cake. One fell for my, "Cake? There's no cake" joke. At least there weren't any tears.
I like to make a surprise cake for my kids' birthdays. I try to go all out on it, or at least as far as my creativity can go. This year my daughter asked for a fairy cake with pink and blue flowers and green leaves. What do you think? The pink and blue flowers are made out of white chocolate with food coloring added. They were a hit!
She was thoroughly impressed. Especially with the fairy because its the one she'd been eyeing up at Chapters for a long time.
After cake and ice cream someone asked if we were going to play games. Crap! I knew there was something I hadn't thought of! They played a rousing game of 'Simon says' for about 2.8 seconds(not my suggestion) before I suggested 'Hide and Seek' outside. A chorus of 'yeahs!' and we were out the door. Not long after, the parents arrived and to be perfectly honest, I wished I had made the party an extra hour because we all had a lot of fun!
And now I am completely exhausted! I am not doing anything else tonight except going to bed... right after I run the dishwasher, fold laundry, close up animals...
Have a pleasant evening!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!!! I am so happy that the day went so well and the cake looked so good!!! You make awesome cakes :)

    ReplyDelete