Friday, June 18, 2010

'Steward of the Environment'

A couple weeks ago my daughter came home from school with the weekly newsletter and in it they were asking for volunteers to take one of two composters home for the summer to make compost for the school garden. Well that was right up my alley! So I called and volunteered to take one and also to weed and water the school garden over the summer while the kids are out of school.

Today we went to the school and picked up the composter. It was pretty clear that there hadn't been much interest in the idea. The teacher was pretty near falling at my feet to thank me for taking it! It amazes me that more people don't compost. Even my step Dad composts and he's about as red neck as a British Columbian can get!

So now we have all summer to make new soil for the school garden! I'm pretty excited about it! And I get to call myself a 'Steward of the Environment.' And I didn't even have to get a degree or anything!

1 comment: