Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chick Update

Well I think that this will be the last 'official' Chick Update. They are now four weeks old and can go outside though I have yet to build them something that they can go outside in and not get eaten by passing hawks, ravens, coyotes, cats etc. I managed to keep every single one of them alive though there is still the little mangled one- what's his name? Oh yes, Gimpy Von Legster(thanks Lissy) For a first time chick raiser, I think I've done pretty well so far!

Anyway Chick Update day did not start off very well in other departments. My son woke up with a cold and in his case coughing means barfing so that was fun. Then I had to clean up this:

(Thanks again to Indi who will now be officially residing outside)


Here is the baby chick with his 'mom'.

Look how tiny he is!!
And here we have the chicks(or rather some of them)

"I don't think we'll be fighting any fires today,boys. We are completely surrounded by giant chickens!"
Yeah someone disappeared the police car too so now I'm down to a ladderless fire truck.

Here is Daisy with her kittens because they are growing faster than the chicks! Look at that face! If she wasn't purring I might think she was going to rip my face off!

Look at that face! Isn't he precious! So that's it for Chick Updates. I will certainly continue to blog about them just maybe not every Thursday! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and your dog did not sh*t on your carpet!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Everybody is getting SO big!!! I can't believe how huge those chicks are!!! And those kittens are so cute :)
    I can't believe you still have 3 dogs after that...gross!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GVL lives?
    !!!!
    (My heart swells)

    Your new baby bird may be the cutest thing ever, but dude, your old chicks just aren't so cute anymore. What can you do to make BabyBird stay like that forever? If you figure it out (and also how to house break him) I'd like to have him as my own... please.

    PS. Bad Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you think this was the last chick update? Because they are uuuuugly! Like Skeksis, all of them!

    Yeah I can't believe I have 3 dogs still either. What's wrong with me? I'm all about taking in strays but seriously?!

    ReplyDelete