Saturday, June 12, 2010

Soccer and a county fair!

I had big plans for today! Lots to get done around the house and all that but first we had to go into town for my daughter's soccer wind up. As we were racing out the door, a friend called to tell me that it was the County Fair as well today so I told her we would stop in for a few minutes after soccer. Well, 'a few minutes' turned into five and half hours at the fair but we had a great time so yet again... the laundry can wait!


My daughter in goal.
Look at those strides! She can pretty much catch up to anyone on the field!

Her and her coach with their medals. I think she might just be a superstar in the making!(but of course I'm biased!)

We hit the County Fair right after soccer and wandered around taking in all the sights. Inside the Omniplex was the 4H cows- these are like the cream of the crop(I didn't take pictures of them) and it was quite hilarious watching these cowboys(and cowgirls) primping and polishing livestock. We're talking hair spraying, combing, blow drying etc. You couldn't even smell cow over the smell of hair spray! It was laughable to say the least. We cuddled the animals in the petting farm and the kids bounced in the bounce-o-rama.

We took a wagon ride pulled by these beautiful black Percherons. They are huge and just gorgeous!

This was the hugest steer I have ever seen in my life! He's a Holstein and was about the same height as the Percherons. That's my friend, Nija in the picture and she's taller than me. That gives you an idea of just how tall this guy was!
More Percherons.

And yet again, more Percherons. They certainly were the horse of choice at the fair because they are drivers and are bred to pull. This was a 6 horse team and we missed seeing them in the parade but got to see them at the fair at least!

So we had a great day today. I am burned to a crisp and the kids are totally wiped out! Guess I had better get them to bed! I think I might try and watch a movie tonight... the laundry can wait for another day! Have a wonderful evening!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!!!!
    Looks like it was a fabulous day!!!
    I can't believe how big that freakin' cow is, WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete