Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't blink

Have you ever heard "don't blink or you'll miss it." It's usually in reference to a small town that one might be travelling through. I heard this today at my daughter's Kindergarten 'graduation.' It is so shockingly true. I didn't in my wildest dreams expect that time was going to start rolling on by as quickly as it has. You get caught up in different stages of your child's life that you can't wait to be over- diapers, the terrible twos, the even more terrible threes and before you know it, an entire year of Kindergarten has come and gone and you truly don't know where all the days went. A newsletter came home from school at the beginning of June and it was then that reality hit me- we were a month away from the end of school. I mentioned it to my mom and she(who watched the years ticking by faster than a blink of an eye with my brother and I) said in that knowing way, "that's how the next 12 years are going to go."

So I guess the only thing I can do is duct tape my eye lids to my forehead so that I can't blink any more. Maybe then my eyes will become so dry that I won't be able to cry about my baby growing up. *sniff*

Each child had been asked a few questions before hand and then the teacher read out what they had said. This is what she said about mine:

"F is five years old. Her favorite thing to do at school is go to music. Her mom works on the farm because that is where they live. Dad climbs up towers and works in places like Grande Prairie and Fort Nelson. She would like to be an Archaeologist when she grows up. She would like to live in Edmonton when she grows up because that is where her friend lives and they could have sleep overs all the time. In her spare time she likes to sit in her room and read books."



And because my mood was a little under the weather after all that... a torrential down pour blew in and watered everything.
The puddle ducks of course enjoyed themselves.
Hope your summer is off to a wonderful start. Don't forget... don't blink.

1 comment:

  1. I think I may need some of that duct tape too!!!

    She looks so happy in her pictures :) You should be very proud, she is an amazing little critter!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete