Saturday, June 26, 2010

The best laid plans...

School is over, birthday parties all wrapped up, summer has begun! I feel like I can breathe and get down to brass tacks when it comes to projects around the 'farm.' I've been procrastinating over the 'chicken tractor' for a while. I finally bought all the materials I needed last week but everything was so busy that I never got to it. Today I decided that I needed to get a start on it. I went looking for everything I would need- hand saw, work bench, hammer etc. The looking-for-things-I-need always seems to take up more time that the actual project. Why is that?

I cut my two eight foot 2x4's in half and then went to find some nails or screws to start building the frame. Can you believe that I didn't have either? No nails. No screws. And there was no way in hell I was making a 40 minute round trip drive to town for $3.00 worth of nails. There is nothing I hate more than getting started on a project only to have to stop for something as ridiculous as not having nails! Where is my parents tool shed when I need it? I'm sure they would have had nails! Grrr!

So I went and weeded the garden instead. I hate weeding the garden! But I do love my flowers!

Jacob's Ladder
Granny's bonnet Columbine
Lewisia


And I weeded the veggie garden too. *sigh* I love green.

After weeding, I felt pretty energized so I thought, hey maybe I'll dig some holes for my clothes line posts.
I'm glad the ground is fairly wet, it makes digging two feet down in the clay a bit easier. Dug two holes, put my eight foot posts in, tamped them down and strung up the clothes line. Ta da! I'll have fresh laundry on the line tomorrow! And now that I've crossed that project off my husband's To-Do list, hopefully he'll be able to spend that much more time with us when he's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment