Saturday, May 8, 2010

Where has my motivation gone?

Today is one of those days. I'm sure you know the variety I'm speaking of. The kind of day where you don't feel like doing anything which makes you grumpy and the more grumpy you get the less you want to do things. Its one of those days that: you wish you didn't have to grow up, that your mom was still picking up everything you drop on the floor and you could scoff at the idea of doing your own laundry.





I have a list as long as my arm of things that need doing around here and I'm just not getting them done. There are two gates that need hanging but before they can be hung I need to nail fencing to them. I have 50, yes 50, Rhode Island Red chicks arriving in 13 days and I still haven't gotten the shed ready for them. Tick tock tick tock... before I know it I will have a box of chicks and nowhere to put them but my bathroom and I already know what a bathroom smells like with three ducks in it. Can you imagine it with 50 chicks? No thanks!




I did at least get my garden rototilled again today so that's something, right? I dug out all the strawberries, tilled the bed and then replanted them on hills. It looks much more tidy now. And the lawn tractor is put away now instead of sitting at the shed with a pool covering it. Which means I had to take the god forsaken rototiller off again. I think it got heavier since I put it on last month. My husband told me that the rototiller by itself weighs 334 pounds. I guess I'm stronger than I thought!

Anyway I'm feeling more motivation seeping into me as I type so hopefully tomorrow is a brighter day! Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow for all you moms out there!












2 comments:

  1. Your beds look awesome!!!! And I have a feeling that you'll find your motivation to get the things on your list done by the time they need to be!!
    And 334 lbs? You really are super woman ;)

    ReplyDelete