Monday, May 24, 2010

Ode to my friend

I was thinking about friends tonight and how some of us have lots of friends and some of us have just a few. I'm one of those people who has a few close friends and then the rest are more acquaintances that you know you can call up and meet for coffee but you don't do it every week.

I'm missing my friend Kristi today because you see, she lives 1400 kilometers away from me and we only get to see each other once or twice a year. We talk and text nearly every day but that isn't the same as seeing one another face to face and having a good old fashioned visit! Kristi and I have been friends off and on since Kindergarten(yes, that is alotta years!) and even when we lost touch a few times here and there we managed to make up for lost time whenever we saw each other again. And to make things even tougher, she has this adorable little boy that I haven't even met yet and that breaks my heart especially because I'll want to squeeze him and hug him and kiss him when I finally do meet him and he will probably get that look on his face like, "Mom! Save me from this crazy person who is blubbering all over me!"

Anyway I found this picture of Kristi and me from New Years Eve of 1999. Yes, we were both a little tipsy(I don't think Kristi even remembers this picture being taken) but it makes me smile and makes me think that if you have a great friend then you need to give them a bear hug and tell them how much you appreciate their friendship! Kristi thanks for being a great friend... hope I haven't embarrassed the hell out of you! *smile*

2 comments:

  1. *sniff sniff* or as I would say *squish squish* (which means I'm teary).
    I'm so glad that we are friends - love you :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh... look at how CUTE you are!

    ReplyDelete