Monday, May 3, 2010

Duckie Daycare

My main bathroom smells like ducks. Not in the 'mmm that duck a la orange smells delicious' way but in the 'ew gross, my bathroom smells like stinky wet ducks' kind of way. I think that perhaps I was so excited about the prospect of getting myself some ducks that I forgot that if they don't have all their feathers then they can't go outside. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have little Sunflower, Penny and Jemima Puddle Duck but I wasn't anticipating turning the largest bathroom in my house into a Duckie Daycare.

I went into town today and got the ducks some Duck Starter as they have been eating cooked oatmeal for the last two days. I had to clean out their kennel because it was full of water. I kept filling up their water bowl thinking they were very thirsty little things but no, they just like to tip it over and splash in it(you can see in the picture there are splatter marks up the sides of the inside of the kennel) I put wood chips in the kennel instead of hay so hopefully they will stay a little drier and cleaner(until tomorrow when I have to change the chips again.) I'm looking forward to being able to put them outside and see them exploring the outdoors instead of the inside of a dog kennel! And I also look forward to having my bathroom back(even if it is lacking a bathtub and a wall!)

No comments:

Post a Comment