Saturday, May 22, 2010

Watching sleeping babies

I couldn't help myself last night. After the kids were in bed I stole into the bathroom and sat on the floor to watch the chicks settling down for the night. At first it was like one of those sleep overs when you were a kid- a couple kids wanted to sleep but a couple wanted to pull an all-nighter and wouldn't stop bugging the kids who wanted to sleep.

A group of the chicks would settle down and almost simultaneously their eyes would close and their heads would droop to the floor. Then another chick would run over all of them and wake them up and they would scatter. This continued on for a little while and then I decided I had better get all my other creatures settled in for the night.

I came back into the bathroom at 10:30pm and watched them for a bit longer. By this point they were mostly all sleeping and this is what it looked like:


The photo isn't that great because the bathroom was dark and the only light coming from a red heat lamp but I think you get the idea. It was cute to say the least. *smile*

1 comment: