Friday, May 21, 2010

The babies have arrived!

Like I mentioned earlier, the phone rang at 6:30 this morning. I was not particularly pleased with the hour that the post office decided to call but it certainly got me up and at 'em early! I headed outside to a most miserable morning- windy with snow and rain both falling from the clouds. I had to fix one of my downs pouts that had fallen off at the front of the house and didn't enjoy the snow and rain falling into my pajama pants while I did that. I had to make a change of venue for the chicks. As it turned out the shed is not warm enough even with the heat lamp so guess what? I have birds in my bathroom... again. Its a good thing they are cute other wise I might not be so pleased about it. Anyway without further ado, here are some pictures of these sweet little one day old babies!
This is how the chicks arrived to us from the hatchery in Westlock.
There they are- all 50 of them(I hope! I forgot to count when I was taking them out!)
Under the heat lamp so they can get warmed up and settled
Do you think she looks excited? She's been in the bathroom glued to the babies all morning!
Such a tiny baby. To think these guys were in an egg yesterday and today they can fend for themselves(in a carefully created environment, mind you!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, they are precious!

    I want one that stays that cute and little forever. Or, for a while anyways... I'd want to eat it after a bit.

    I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would make a good farmer, Lissy! We'll be eating all the ones that turn out to be roosters. Wanna come help? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture them bumping and beeping into one another in their little pool - SO cute!!! I wish I was there to play with them too :( Your little critters sure are lucky!!!
    Enjoy your adorable little chicks!!!

    ReplyDelete