Monday, July 12, 2010

Squirrel got your nuts?

Indi has been sitting under this tree all morning. The day before it was a different tree. She sits there patiently... waiting.
Zama, on the other hand, is not patiently waiting. She barks. She yelps. She runs around like she's been possessed by demons.
This is what they wait for. A squirrel that is munching away happily on spruce cones without a care in the world knowing it is up in the tree and the dogs are on the ground. If it were to come out of that tree however, that would be a different story all together.

So until it flees in the night never to return, I suspect my dogs will continue to sit under whichever tree the little rodent has taken up residence in. And they will be salivating.

3 comments:

  1. My dog, Onyx, would be just like Zama, but in a half-assed sorta way.

    She likes to tree things, barking like a mad woman for a whole 30 seconds, then f-cks off for a while, to beg treats from all the neighbors, making sure that they all love and adore her. Then she's back at the tree barking like a crazy b-tch again. You can almost hear what she's saying too. "I'm back!! You thought I was gone but I'm back! And I'm watching you! Yeah! I'm watching you! Come down outta that tree and Imma gitcha. Gitcha good! Kill ya, kill ya and kill ya again! Yeah!!!" Then she f-cks off again. She's very ferocious...

    ReplyDelete