Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jenny's Ginger Crinkles

My mom has a friend Jenny who gave me her recipe for Ginger cookies a few years ago. It is the best recipe! I like a ginger cookie to be a bit chewy and these(as long as you don't over bake them) are just that cookie. The kids and I made them yesterday and as you can see by my cookie jar, there aren't that many left. Mmmm yum!

Jenny's Ginger Crinkles

Beat together:
2/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 TBSP molasses
1 egg

Add to that mixture:
1 3/4 cup flour, 3 tsp ground ginger, 2 TBSP chopped candied ginger, 1 tsp each; cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.

Form into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar before placing on a cookie sheet and pressing gently with the back of a fork. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes depending on whether you want them chewy or crispy. You won't be disappointed! Thank you Jenny!

2 comments:

  1. Um... YUM!
    I want these... now. In my tummy. I don't want to wait to buy the candied ginger or to make them. I just want them now. Now.

    ReplyDelete