Friday, July 16, 2010

The Calgary Stampede Experience!

The kids and I headed down to Airdrie, AB on Wednesday. My husband was already down there so we wanted to take the opportunity(and the free hotel room) to go to the Calgary Stampede. We have never been before so I was pretty excited!

Here is our Calgary Stampede Experience in pictures!

On the Shuttle Bus to the city

Mule and wagon
Ride 'em cowgirl!
Lunch!
A one man band. He was playing Johnny Cash's 'Burning ring of fire'
Sorry Lissy, I didn't get any pictures of cowboys for you but I got some men in uniform!
I didn't look at the sign but I'm going to assume this is a Texas Longhorn. He looked tired from holding his head up.
Made me want to crawl in there and cuddle with them!


Horse cutting competition. The horses were amazing. The could stop and turn on a dime to follow the calf's every move.
Grandstand band







How cute is he?



The Superdogs show- thank goodness it was free because it was kind of disappointing!

We didn't see any of the rodeo events which I was a bit sad about but they were separate tickets and I knew the kids would be bored so we didn't want to buy tickets only to have to leave 15 minutes later! Maybe in a few years we'll go back and see everything else we wanted to see including the fireworks!

2 comments:

  1. Men in uniform are yummier than cowboys, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to answer your question: VERY cute ;)
    Looks like a lot of fun but also very exhausting!!!

    ReplyDelete