Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Spiced Vanilla Granola

I started making homemade granola a few months back. My kids love it on vanilla yogurt or with milk. Yesterday I found a new recipe and decided to try it. Its delicious! The recipe comes from a book I've had on my shelf since trying out vegetarianism about five years ago called The big book of Vegetarian.

Spiced Vanilla Granola

4 cups oats
1 cup chopped pecans(I used walnuts)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup vegetable oil(I used grapeseed)
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 TBSP granulated sugar
1 TBSP vanilla

Pre heat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the oats, pecans, brown sugar, salt(if using), cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl mix together the oil, maple syrup, granulated sugar and vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely. Enjoy!

1 comment: