Monday, September 27, 2010

Preparing the garden for Winter

Its kind of difficult to think about preparing for winter when I am outside in nearly 30 degree weather wearing a tank top and capris as I was today. But that also makes for perfect rototilling weather! I snapped some pictures of the trees in my yard this morning so you can see how beautiful the leaves are!

Anyway, back to the garden! I had my Man-Servant(my husband obviously) put the rototiller on the tractor for me this afternoon. And then I got to work expanding my beds. I decided that instead of eight smaller beds, I have turned those into two long beds. I think it will make it easier for tilling in future years and also for crop rotation.
There are a few things that need to come out in the spring such as the strawberries, rhubarb, and all the perennial flowers.
On the north side of the garden(the front) we will plant Saskatoon berry bushes next year.
And along here will be all raspberries and hopefully thorn less blackberries.
My Mean Green Machine!

Its going to take a few years for the garden to really get going but I have all Winter to dream and plan and I can't wait for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment