Thursday, September 23, 2010

Mmmm Peaches!

I bought a case of BC Grown (Osoyoos, BC) peaches on Tuesday and decided that today I would get down to business and make some peach jam. Seven jars of jam later, I hardly even made a dent in the case of peaches. Oh dear. Tomorrow I am hoping to make canned peaches and then if there are any left over after that I will make a peach pie. And to tell you the truth I could almost go back and buy another case because for one thing, they were inexpensive and for another, I think we'll need more than seven jars of this delicious jam!
My canning bible. Unless you have a great book from your mother or grandmother that is your own canning bible, this book is amazing! It has every recipe you could possibly ever need!
Seven jars of delicious not-too-sweet peach jam. Mmm yum! I'm making my first attempt at sourdough bread tomorrow and if all goes well I think sourdough bread with a layer of peach jam on top is going to be heavenly!

Hope you have a peachy afternoon. :)

1 comment:

  1. You should totally go and buy another box of peaches so that maybe you could send a jar or two of heaven my way ;)

    ReplyDelete