Monday, September 6, 2010

The Book Nook

At the bottom of my stairs is a big space that is not used for anything. It used to have Indi's dog bed when she slept in the house but that has since been moved outside.

My mom came home with us on our trip back from the island and since then has been puttering around the place cleaning carpets, building dog cubby holes etc. One of the things she wanted to do while she was here was put up a book shelf for the kids' books downstairs as the amount they have has started to spill out of their rooms.

While I was sick with the flu my mom put together a book shelf and made the kids their own little book nook at the bottom of the stairs. There they can sit at the picnic table or in the rocking chair and look at anything from National Geographic to Mercer Meyer's Little Critter books.



Thank you Mom for the Book Nook and all the other things you have done while you have been here!!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Do you think she could make a book nook at my place too??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would like her to build me a book nook.

    I'd like a hammock in mine
    and a margarita maker
    and a pedicure chair with attached foot pamperer, preferably male.

    please

    ReplyDelete