Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mmmm more peaches

While my husband slept off his jet-lag on Friday, I got up early(it was a Pro-D day for my daughter) and got the canner going again. I blanched and sliced peaches for Spiced Peach jam(my own concoction) and then moved onto canning peaches in a light syrup.

Peaches in light syrup
Spiced Peach jam
After I was done with the canning, I made a peach pie...
which went in the oven right after my two loaves of sourdough came out
and then the peach tarts went in. See my new mortar and pestle in the back there? That was one of my presents from China!

Everything turned out delicious. The spiced peach jam is amazing! The sourdough was delicious though not as 'sour' as I was expecting. The pie was so yummy as were the tarts! The only thing left to try are the canned peaches but I think we'll wait until the snow starts to fly before we open up a can of summer sunshine! :)

2 comments:

  1. For Christ's sake Maya!, slow the f*ck down!
    You're putting the rest of us to shame!
    Or, well...not me, obviously, because I get lots done all the time. But those other ppl that read this are going to start feeling bad about themselves.

    PS. That bread is beautiful. You should make me some.

    ReplyDelete