Saturday, April 3, 2010

Free eggs for sale?

It seems all too often these days we can't slow down. Things are pressing us, the kids need something, the dogs need something, toilets need scrubbing or if you are part of the workforce(which I am lucky enough not to be) there are deadlines, and conferences and a myriad of other things that demand our attention. When we don't slow down, things get missed; a wrong turn, an important ingredient in a recipe or in this case it was a word. I sell free range eggs from my house and recently put an ad on Kijiji Edmonton advertising "Eggs for sale in Drayton Valley." My ad clearly stated that they are $3.00 a dozen. My ad also clearly stated that they are free range, vegetable grain fed eggs. I guess that the word 'range' was somehow lost in the mix when a person responded to my ad asking for three dozen of my free eggs. I immediately worried that perhaps I had forgotten the word 'range' in my ad and quickly went to look. Nope, it was there, the person just missed it. I wrote him back regardless and apologized for the confusion, that they are FREE RANGE eggs not free eggs. Who knows, maybe he meant to write range in his reply and forgot. In that case, I may have sold three dozen eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment