Sunday, April 25, 2010

Delicious lamb chops

I've never been a big fan of the taste of lamb. It tastes too... well lamb-y. I mentioned this to my neighbor up the hill who raises sheep and he asked where I bought my lamb from. I told him Superstore. He made a disgusted face and said, "yuck, that's practically mutton." He sent me home with six lamb chops and a package of ground lamb to try. I decided to barbecue the lamb chops tonight(recipe to follow) and oh my goodness were they ever good! I will never buy lamb from the grocery store again! If you aren't a big fan of lamb or have never really tried it, I would recommend buying from a farm or at the very least a butcher. There is no comparison to farm fresh meat.

Here is the recipe I used:

4-6 lamb chops

3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tsp. rosemary
1-2 TBSP olive oil

Mix garlic, rosemary and olive oil and rub onto lamb chops on both sides. Let marinate for 1/2 an hour to an hour. Barbecue or broil until medium doneness( a little bit of pink is okay with lamb)about 5-7 minutes each side.

I served my lamb chops with steamed asparagus and fresh homemade bread. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy, except for the lamb part ;) maybe I'll see if you'll make them for me, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete