Monday, April 5, 2010

Cornelius


I 'adopted' another rooster yesterday. I invited our friends from down the road for Easter dinner and she had told me about one of their Bantam roosters that was continually getting the crap kicked out of him by the other rooster so I told her to bring him over and he could join my flock. She brought him over in her shirt and let him loose with my flock of ladies. Well, did he ever make himself at home. Strutting his stuff all over the yard, even having a go with one of the hens(even though he's half their size) He is really living up to the regal name we've given him!


I think he will be happy here. He really is quite adorable(as chickens go) and he has a high pitched crow that can only come from something so small. How can you tell I love my chickens? So now the only problem is, what to do with the other two roosters? They are terribly mean to the hens, literally ganging up on them and pulling out their feathers, among other things. I think perhaps its into the soup pot for them. Anyone want to come for chicken soup?

1 comment:

  1. He is quite handsome and regal ;) I love roosters and chickens, I wish that we had some!!!

    ReplyDelete