Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Painting

As of December first we will have been in this house for two years. In those two years we have accomplished quite a bit. And by 'we' I mean 'me' of course as the guy who wears the pants around here is wearing them in China.


Last year I vowed to finish painting the upstairs of the house by Christmas so there I was, Christmas tunes blasting while I rolled paint on the walls. This year I vowed to get the rest of the downstairs painted by Christmas. I am so happy to see the disgusting faux finished walls gone. You find me a person sound of mind that thinks this faux finish is nice and I will give you a medal! I had a plumber walk into the house the first winter we were here and look around the back entrance before asking, "is this your handiwork?" in a voice that suggested he thought it was as disgusting as I did!

BEFORE:

(Don't mind the look on the boy's face, he was just as repulsed by the faux finish as the rest of us!)
AFTER:


I'm so glad that project is done! Now what to do next? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Looks amazing!!! I can't believe that you lived with walls that looked like that for as long as you did!!! Great job ;)

    ReplyDelete