Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Apples!

Well another Halloween has come and gone and I will have the treats kicking around the house for a while to prove it! The kids literally bounced off walls all day yesterday in anticipation of Trick-or-Treating in the evening.


I had them dig the guts out of the Vampire Pumpkin in the morning to keep them occupied and keep their minds off of all the candy they would be consuming later


How I ended up with a boy that will gladly feed worms to the chickens but won't dig the guts out of a jack-o-lantern is beyond me. You can see him saying, "EW!"
F had planned out the design for this years pumpkin weeks in advance. We were having a contest in the truck one day to see who could draw the scariest pumpkin face. She liked mine best.
Shark boy!

Peacock girl!

Finally at 6:00 I couldn't take their bouncing any more and we headed out the door and into town. We picked a neighborhood and let them loose. They were so polite! "Trick-or-Treat!" "Thank you!" and "Happy Halloween!" were pretty much the only words I heard out of them for the next 45 minutes.
I pulled the plug on the expedition at 7:15 and we headed home so they could go through their loot!I remember when I was a kid my mom used to always say, "Halloween apples" in a singsong voice at Halloween. I wish that we lived in a world where kids got caramel apples and homemade goodies instead of bags of chips, candies and confections that were made in a factory in China. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you just need to move to Quadra or at least come to my mom's house on Halloween because she gave out homemade caramel popcorn and caramel apples - yum yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete