Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Old Man Winter has arrived

Old Man Winter has arrived in a flourish of white and freezing temperatures! Only last Saturday were we enjoying 9 degrees, today it is -15 plus wind chill. Not that I'm complaining though, I was ready for winter to be here any way.


Both Guard Dogs have decided they are off-duty.
Cows in my neighbor's field; sometimes they are spread out like this, other times they look like a group of Emperor Penguins huddles together against the elements.
My own girls. They don't seem to mind especially since I'm feeding them hay and they don't have to walk anywhere to find food.
Braving the cold to see if it has stopped yet... nope not yet.
The rest of them hanging out inside the coop.

Dexter is wondering what possessed his Chihuahua ancestors to leave Mexico.
At least I'm still getting lots of eggs! Hmmm eggs for dinner? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment