Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas Craft Project # 1

The kids and I had planned to go to Sylvan lake today to deal with some issues I'm having with our new tenants(that's a whole other story) but this morning plans changed leaving us at home instead of on the road. After all the craziness I've been dealing with the last couple days I decided that it would be a great day to do some crafting. Unfortunately we don't do a tremendous amount of 'crafting' in this house so we needed to make a trip to Walmart to pick up a few things. 'A few things' turned into $31.00 worth of pipe cleaners, candy canes, googley eyes, foam paper and ribbon.

But it was worth it because not only did the kids enjoy this little project but I had the added bonus of them being 'hopped up' on candy cane sugar well into the evening!


F working very hard putting the stripes on her candy cane cats.
The finished product

The cats are made by cutting circles(body) and cat heads out of foam sheets(we used Elmers foam sheets.) I placed a foam square in between the head and body to make it stand out. The candy cane is hot glue gunned to the back of the cat. A red ribbon adds the finishing touch. Super easy and pretty cute if I do say so myself!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!!! I would like to put an order in for some for my house please :)
    Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete