Friday, November 5, 2010

Dudie Dilemma

This is my son's 'dudie'. Or rather its his new one. Last night we had a bit of a dudie dilemma in our house hold. One of his two remaining dudies had a tear in it so I had to throw it away and then he couldn't find the other one. We looked all over the house but couldn't find hide nor hair of it so I told him he would have to go to bed without it for the night. This did not go over so well. He has had one of these things since he was born and is not showing any signs of giving it up any time soon.

I got him to bed and tucked him in before sitting down at the computer. About five minutes later I hear, "moooooooommmm."(He likes to really draw the word mom out.) I go into his room. "I can't sleep without my dudie." I tell him he is going to have to because I can't find the other one. Well then the near hysterical crying starts and he is telling me I will have to go to town and buy him a new one like right this minute. Luckily, I remembered that I had saved one of his baby dudies and packed it away with his baby stuff. So there I am tearing his baby things apart to find it. I washed it up and stuck it in his mouth. " 'Kay good night," he says and that was it. *sigh*

I'm sure he will give it up sooner or later. Hopefully sooner rather than later of course, though I doubt he will be walking across the stage at his high school graduation with it hanging out of his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment