Monday, October 11, 2010

Two Quotes of the Day and a London Fog

We started butchering chickens a couple days ago so we've been pretty busy with that(post to follow on that) and then yesterday had our Thanksgiving celebration so I've been a bit behind with getting my Quotes of the Day posted.

My kids like watching us butcher the chickens, especially our daughter. I'm glad to know that she can see it done and then enjoy the meat on the table later.

I had just dipped the first bird in the hot water and was starting to pluck it. If you've never smelled a freshly dipped bird let me tell you that it stinks! My daughter was totally engrossed in what I was doing and said, "that chicken is going to taste so good!" The fact that she could think that while I stood plucking the stinky, wet steaming bird was beyond me. I just had to laugh.

The second Quote of the Day came that night after the kids were tucked away in their beds. I made London Fogs for the first time and put the mugs on the counter. My husband came over and asked which was which. I pointed to mine and he said, "I'll put yours in my right hand because you're always right." Give the man a gold star!

London Fog(tea latte)

Brew a pot of Earl Grey Tea(or Lady Grey works wonderfully too) double strength. Add sweetener and a dash of pure vanilla extract. Steam your milk or if you don't have a cappuccino machine for steaming, heat your milk in a pot. Pour half a mug of tea and then fill the mug the rest of the way with steamed or heated milk. Wonderful on these crisp Fall evenings! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment