Thursday, October 28, 2010

Christmas Fever

I have Christmas Fever. Its a fever that hasn't hit me since I was a kid. I'm usually a bit of the Scrooge-ish type around Christmas. You know ba humbug and the whole bit. Normally when Halloween wraps up and they roll out the Christmas things in the stores it makes me want to run screaming from the place. This year seems to be different. My friend L and I have been messaging back and forth talking about our Christmas traditions (or rather her super awesome ones and my newly forming ones) and she mentioned how she has to have her lights on her tree wrapped in the 'Martha way.' You know the Martha I mean. So I headed over to Martha Stewart's website and was greeted by the most delightful Christmas ideas known to mankind. I scrolled and perused and bookmarked and got excited. But seeing as I'm the Ba humbug type, you would think that seeing all this stuff(especially before Halloween is even here) would make me crazy. So as I was sitting down this afternoon it dawned on me why I am so excited for the Holiday.

My husband will be home.


He has always been home except for one year when he worked on a fish farm off the northern tip of Quadra Island(luckily F and I were able to spend the holiday with him and his crew at the fish farm.) The difference this year is that we know he will be home. Every year we have been told that he can't have Christmas off so every year we plan for him to be working. That way, if he does work we aren't disappointed but if he doesn't then its time to celebrate. This all means that I can't get completely excited for Christmas because there's always a bit of worry we won't be together as a family. Not so this year. This year I am online shopping to avoid the malls, baking more wonderful and delicious goodies to give as gifts, hand making some adorable things for my kids thanks to Martha and spending the entire month of December as a family. I think that that could possibly give any Scrooge Christmas Fever!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas Fever hits me in November. I can feel it building now... but just wait, next month, it's all I'll talk to you about.

    I'm excited for you to have K home for the holiday... and know he will be there. Cuz that means you will be feeling Christmas too and won't get as annoyed with me when it's all I talk about.

    By the by, cutest family pic ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for him being home with you this year!!! That is so exciting :) You'll have to share some of your exciting Christmas tips with me!!1

    ReplyDelete