Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Name that Rooster

Isn't he handsome? He was the sole spared rooster of the bunch that just finished going in the freezer(post still to come!). I decided to keep one and that way I can get myself an incubator and hatch my own chicks in the spring. I hope he is grateful that he was 'The Chosen One' and in return he will service my hens and provide me with the next generation of chickens for the freezer!

So, he needs a name. I can't think of anything so do you have any ideas? I would love to hear all your suggestions. I would like to say this is a contest and you get a prize buuuuuuut... the prize will be the honor of naming the rooster! After we get some responses we'll put it to the kids and let them pick their favorite. Send me your best ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Gobbles!!!
    I know that is a 'turkey' reference, but it is the name of my most favorite rooster and I would be honored if your rooster had that name too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...
    I'd go with a classic, like Cordon Bleu, or Parmesan, or maybe Pot Pie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Lets try this for the 50th time!!!My vote is for Eggbert Humperdinck. My sister Kathy (Auntie Kathy) used to swoon over Engelbert Humperdinck Real personality and with a name like that he must be real proud. So big rooster boy fly at er.

    ReplyDelete