Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Quote of the Day

F: "It kind of tastes like chicken."

F: "Can I have more Basil please?"

S: "Can I have more steak please?"

Me: "It's not steak, its rabbit."

I made braised rabbit for dinner tonight. I bought it last week at our town Farmer's Market as part of my plan of eating more locally grown foods. I've never eaten rabbit... that I recall anyway. My parents may have served it when I was a kid as I do remember something about the neighbors rabbit eating one too many of my mom's crocuses. Anyway it was quite tasty and the kids are still in the kitchen fighting over the scraps.

My daughter was the one who said, "can I have more Basil please." You may be wondering what this has to do with eating rabbit. Well we have a pet rabbit named Basil who lives with the chickens. So just to clarify, no we did not eat Basil. I think she'd be too gamey at this point anyway!

1 comment: