Friday, June 3, 2011

What a big boy!

Well it happened... my baby boy turned four earlier this week. My how time flies! And he's so mature now too *chuckle* it was almost like he woke up that morning and decided he was a big kid!

Seeing as my husband had to head back to work early we celebrated S's birthday twice; once on the weekend and then again on the actual day just me and the kids. Originally when asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner, S had said Uncle(as in, the mean old rooster) I told him that we couldn't eat Uncle because I needed him for breeding stock. So he settled on just a regular old roasted chicken for dinner with rice and broccoli and cheese sauce and a raspberry cake for dessert.



The actual birthday came along and while F was at school, S and I made the batter for vanilla cupcakes. A birthday just isn't a birthday if you don't get to lick the beaters!
S and I spent part of the day in town together. We went to the Farmer's Market, played at the playground and went out for lunch. After a simple supper I put the finishing touches on S's vanilla cupcakes with chocolate butter cream and blueberries and home made vanilla sandwich cookie ice cream. Yum!

It was a wonderful day for a wonderful little monster boy! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment