Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sugar cookies for my sugar cookie

Its my daughter's first day of Grade 1 tomorrow *sniff*. Off we go into another school year but not just any old school year, no this is the year where they go all day five days a week! My son is going to die of boredom, I can feel it already.

I asked my girl what kind of cookies she wanted in her lunch and she requested sugar cookies in the shape of hearts and stars with star sprinkles. Thank goodness I have all of those things otherwise I probably would have heard about it when she got home.

I know that sugar cookies are traditionally a Christmas cookie but we like to enjoy them all year round. So sugar cookies it is for my little sugar cookie on her first day of school.


Cream 1 cup butter with 1 cup sugar until smooth.

Add 2 eggs and 2 tsp. vanilla and beat until combined.

Add 3 cups flour, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp baking soda and mix until a soft dough forms.

Divide in half and wrap each half in saran wrap before placing in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove 1 half of dough and roll out onto lightly floured board. Cut out shapes and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm :) I love sugar cookies!!!
    Hope that her first day of school went well!!!

    ReplyDelete