Sunday, August 8, 2010

Canola

When my husband, daughter and I moved to Alberta in 2006 I was miserable. After the initial excitement of being in our own home wore off I realized how much I hated the Prairies. I was a West Coast girl through and through. That July I saw Canola bloom for the first time in my adult life. There was something about the bright yellow fields, blue sky and fair weather cumulus clouds stretching as far as the eye could see that won me over. I fell in love with Alberta. I still look forward to the Canola blooming. It is one of the most beautiful sights there is. So sunny and yellow and happy.

I need sunny and yellow and happy today. My husband is on his way to the adventure of a lifetime on the other side of the world. He won't be home until the end of September. So I'm a little sad. At least I have sunshine and canola today. I don't think they get much of either in Nanbazhen.


1 comment:

  1. I think I could fall in love with Alberta in those pictures too!!!! What a beautiful site to see :)
    Thinking of you and your adverturer!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete