Saturday, August 28, 2010

Vacationing

We just returned from our yearly trip out to Vancouver Island and Quadra Island B.C. yesterday. To say that I am happy to be home is a bit of an understatement. While I was happy to visit family and friends, the drama from this trip is tipping the scale towards staying home next year.

When planning a vacation you always have some sort of vision as to what you want to see and do.

This is something like how my vision of the perfect holiday went:

~ Lots of visiting with family and friends
~ Family and friends happy to see us
~ A trip to Tofino
~ A trip to Rebecca Spit
~ A trip to the Village Bay Lakes
~ Not hearing from the Creature sitters back home being a good thing

The reality of the 'perfect' holiday:

~ Lots of visiting with my family and friends!!! Good thing!!
~ Not much effort on other family members part to see us. Disappointing thing!
~ No trip to Tofino
~ No trip to Rebecca Spit
~ No trip to Village Bay Lakes
~ Not hearing from the Creature Sitters back home was actually a bad thing
~ My daughter coming down with the flu on the trip home
~ Bathing vomit off the dog in a ditch on the side of the highway
~ My mom forking out $200 to stay in a hotel due to vomiting child
~ Truck stinking like vomit all the way home
~ A complaining son the whole way
~ Finding out that my dog killed eight chickens while I was gone
~ Finding out that one of the Creature Sitters thought I was underfeeding my animals
~ Due to previous fact, I guess I spent $75 on feed in 10 days(this much usually lasts 3 weeks)


Next year we're going to have a Staycation instead of a Vacation, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment