Saturday, April 16, 2011

Support or Oppose?

I got a phone call from one of those survey companies last night. Generally when a call like that comes in, I tell them right off the bat that I'm not interested and hang up. Well I guess I was feeling generous so I let the guy do his thing. This survey was about issues in Alberta and seeing as we have a Federal Election(I hope you all are going to vote!) coming up in May they wanted ask a few questions. So I humored him.

After telling him that yes I was planning on voting and no I would not tell him which party I was voting for because it was none of his business, he asked me if I was aware of the project in Alberta for Carbon Capture? I said no. He told me that it was a project where the government planned to capture carbon dioxide, put it into tanks, pipe it and then inject it into the earth. Would I be opposed to the project? I couldn't help laughing and told him that that was just about the stupidest thing I had ever heard. Inject it into the earth? Why don't they just shoot radioactive material into the sun? Stupid. No, I would not support the project and told him that maybe the government should get on board with Organic farming seeing as organic soil absorbs and holds carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Sounds like a better plan to me.

This is what the government does with our tax dollars? Seriously? Seriously?! I guess I should have been a politician as well as a vet!

No comments:

Post a Comment