Friday, May 13, 2011

A whirlwind trip to the Island

Hello! Did you miss me? I'm sorry I have been gone for so long but I'm back now to tell you about all the wonderful adventures I had while we were visiting family and friends on Vancouver Island!

Okay I didn't really have that many adventures but we sure had a good time. I should probably tell you now that I basically forgot to take my camera out the entire time we were there so most of these pictures are courtesy of my very special friend K.

We had a big family dinner the night we arrived which gave us time to catch up with some family members who we hadn't seen for a long time. It was wonderful!

On the 30th my friend K and I spent a 'Girls Day in Town' visiting some friends I hadn't seen in years before going for amazing pedicures!

We went out for sushi, ate copious amounts of chocolate and thoroughly enjoyed being child(ren)less for a day!

On the 1st we had a picnic at the beach. The kids played in the water and collected rocks and sea shells.
That night we had my birthday dinner. Mmmm so good!

"Cheese! Where's our dinner??!!"
That's a lot of candles. Yup the big 3-oh. It's not so bad actually. I can still stay up late and have fun like I did when I was 20!
On the 3rd my husband flew in from his shift in China and we stayed at my parents' place that night before heading over to his parents' place the next day. That night I was thoroughly surprised with a 'Surprise Party' that my husband K and my friend K had been planning for me. Apparently it isn't easy to plan surprise parties from China so one must enlist the help of an accomplice. He He.

What a wonderful surprise it was!
And the kids had a great time hanging out with the goats and playing on the playground.

The rest of our time was spent traveling back and forth visiting people. It was a great trip! But of course all things must come to an end and nine days really does go by quickly. I started to get anxious about whether I still had three dogs at home and if the cows were all right.

There's no better way to end a wonderful visit than coming home to find that one of the dogs(I'll give you a hint which one: she's brown and her name rhymes with llama) had chewed her way out of the garage in order to kill F's rabbit Basil.

Isn't she a sweetheart? We didn't need that garage door anyway...or the rabbit...

Thank you to all my wonderful family and friends for an amazing visit and terrific memories to remember my 30th birthday! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Damn that crazy dog!!!
    Sure had a wonderful time visiting with you while you were here :) Can't wait until you come back!!! Hopefully it will be soon ;)

    ReplyDelete