Thursday, May 19, 2011

A healthy calf is born!

*WARNING* If you don't wish to see a cow squeezing a calf out of her 'you-know-what' then perhaps you had better skip this post... because that is what this post is! From start to finish!

I was texting my friend K at about 10:00 this morning while watching Cinnamon out the kitchen window. She was acting funny so I decided I had better go check it out. I have been checking on her at least four times a day since we got back from the island as I knew it was going to be any day!

Cinnamon in the throes of labour
The front feet. A very good thing! I wasn't really keen on putting my hand up there to rearrange a calf that was coming the wrong way
Front feet and head are out
and the rest of the body slithered out right after


How freakin' cute is that?
On wobbly legs
It's up!
The calf is up and looking for the milk. Cinnamon is telling me to F off at this point.
The whole thing from start to finish took under an hour and both seem to be doing well. I'm pretty excited that I actually got to see it happen! I figured I would wake up one morning and there would be a calf in the field! Thank you Cinnamon for not killing me while I watched!

1 comment:

  1. That is SO cool!!!! How exciting :) And that calf is so freakin' cute!!
    Congrats xo

    ReplyDelete