Thursday, May 26, 2011

T-Bone

T-Bone is a week old today and I decided to brave the rain to go up and try to snap a few pictures of him. His mom, Cinnamon, is a little less protective of him now that he's not as brand new so she doesn't act as if she's going to eat me if I get within 20 feet of him.


Dexter is a bit of a pest when it comes to the calves. He likes to bark at them and you would probably jump too if you heard his high pitched bark. T-Bone was trying to decide what Dexter was until he barked and sent the calf running for his mom!

Now, whether or not you're wondering why I name the cows food names I figured I'd better clarify. It seems to me that when the time comes it will be a lot easier to send a steer named T-Bone or Sir Loin to the freezer than a steer named Handsome or Buttercup don't you think? Don't get me wrong, he is adorable but the fact is we aren't raising cows to be pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment