Friday, December 31, 2010

Ringing in the New Year... in comfort

Here we are on the Eve of a new year. Amazing how fast a year goes, isn't it? Lots of great things have happened around our little farm in 2010 and we have many great memories to reminisce about. I have big plans for 2011! Big plans!

My chickens are well on their way to buying me an egg incubator so that I can raise chicks from egg right here at home. We are looking to hopefully acquire another Dexter or two to add to our herd which will mean beef sooner rather than later. I am also interested in a pig or two for meat for next Fall. The kids and I are looking forward to spring and gardening again. Although I'm still enjoying Winter and our lovely snow, I do look forward to the warmer days of spring.

So what are my plans for this New Years' Eve? Well... I am lounging comfortably in my husband's new Christmas pajamas that he left me for safekeeping while he is in China. 'Eat Pray Love' is spinning in the DVD player waiting for me and there is a big bowl of popcorn to go along with it. And while many people are out getting slobbering drunk right now, I however, am drinking iced tea out of my beer glass. I would hate to wake up to a new year with a hangover!

Wishing you health, happiness and prosperity in 2011!
See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment