Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Animal Withdrawl

As my time is quickly winding down here, I have been slowly watching my animals leaving for new homes.  Most people wouldn't think that saying goodbye to a cow or a rooster would be hard but it really is.  It breaks my heart! 

Last weekend I said goodbye to Sir Loin. 
And Cornelius.  Of all my birds, this guy was my favorite.  He and most of his ladies went to a friend's farm along with my black Indian Runner ducks.
This weekend Sugar and Pepper will be making their way to a new farm near Wetaskiwin where their new people hope to turn Sugar into their milking cow.
Chocolate, Vanilla and their calves Smokie and Burger are staying here for the winter which I'm happy about.  I didn't really want to get rid of them anyway even if I'm not going to be here to enjoy them.  I have a few more chickens to re-home and a trio of ducks but that's it.  At least I'll have pictures to look back on and remember the days of Living the Country Life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment