Monday, August 15, 2011

Smokie and Burger

Henceforth I resume blogging in no particular order...


We decided to head out to the Brazeau Reservoir for a couple nights of camping(post to follow at some point) on the 2nd of this month and I returned home that evening to feed the animals.  I was shocked to discover that Vanilla had dropped her calf!  I had not expected it until at least late Fall.  She hardly even looked like she was carrying a calf!  We named him 'Smokie'(like the kind you eat)  That's him in the foreground with his mama.  T-Bone is behind him and that's Anise in the back.
 A week later on August 9th, Chocolate dropped her bull calf in the protection of the six foot tall thistles and I didn't get to see him until he was three days old.  As you can see from her rear end, neither her nor her little man are available for a photo session at this time.  F decided to name him Burger...like the kind you eat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment