Thursday, August 18, 2011

A long overdue chick post

As you may recall, I got myself a Hovabator Egg Incubator back in June.  I collected what I hoped would be fertilized eggs from the girls who were locked up with Uncle the Rooster and after I had 36 eggs, I stuck them in there and hoped for the best!

Not only was July 27th my and my husband's 8th anniversary and our daughter's 7th birthday, it was also chick day!


 28 of the 36 eggs hatched.  One died leaving us with 25 yellow and 2 black.
 And here we are just over three weeks later and they are all growing and thriving with the exception of two that have a curled toe deformity.  They too are growing but are a little behind the others.

So I guess we've seen it all now- the birth of kittens, puppies, calves and chicks!  Just another day on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment