Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back Bathroom Before and After

It isn't officially finished; there are still the little touches to be done like trim, towel rack, and new faucets in the shower but I just couldn't help blogging about my back bathroom renovation! 

This is what the bathroom has looked like for about the last two years or so.  The green on the wall is glue from the hideous melamine back splash that I ripped off long ago.  The shower is behind the door and has a surround of dark very 80's cedar.
 I painted the walls 'toasted wheat' and white washed the cedar shower surround.
Then I put the new vinyl tile down before installing this lovely low flow toilet.  The toilet turned out to be the biggest challenge due to the fact that whoever installed the flange on the floor did it slightly crooked which in turn made installing the new toilet a huge pain.  I went through two wax seals before discovering the problem which was easily fixed by screwing the new bolts directly into the floor.
New vanity, tile and medicine cabinet. 
I am so happy with the end result!  I am also so glad that it's done!   One down, two more to go!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job Maya! Golly you should be super proud of how it looks. Come on over any time and redo my digs! Love the tiles. Betcha theres a lot more room in that teeny tiny bathroom! Good on you! xo mom

    ReplyDelete