Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quote of the Day with a recipe!

"YUM"

This is what my son said when he took a bite if his dinner two nights ago. I don't very often hear this from him and that's why it gets awarded the 'Quote of the Day." I made Tikka Masala Chicken, or rather my own version if it that is loosely based off a friend's version of it. Here is the 'recipe' for your own enjoyment!

In a bit of olive oil, brown boneless skinless chicken thighs. Add a chopped onion and a few stalks of celery, chopped. Add a pinch or two of basil, oregano and cumin and about a tablespoon of curry powder. This is all to taste of course, you can add more or less. Coriander is also traditionally used in this dish but I forgot it. Cook this all together for a minute or two and then add a can of crushed tomatoes. Stir and simmer for 15-20 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through. Adjust spices if necessary. Serve over pasta or rice.

1 comment: