Saturday, February 26, 2011

Favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I have been making this recipe out of the Joy of Cooking for years(Quick oatmeal or wheat flake cookies) and a couple weeks ago the kids and I made them to send to Grampa for his birthday. I changed three things* with the recipe and it completely changed the cookie! For the better! This post is dedicated to my friend K who I sent a little baggy of cookies to and has been dying for the recipe ever since!


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together for 3-5 minutes:
1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

Combine and beat until smooth:
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 TBSP milk

Sift together and add to above ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

When beaten smooth, add:
1 cup oats

Now you can go ahead and add chocolate chips or raisins or coconut or whatever your heart desires. I added *3/4 of a cup of organic flame raisins to my cookies which combined with the dark sugar and the extra time spent creaming the butter and sugar made for an extra delicious cookie!

Drop cookies onto sheets and bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown.

1 comment:

  1. Yum yum yum!!! These cookies are the BEST!!!!!!Damn, why didn't I buy dark brown sugar when I was in town yesterday???

    ReplyDelete